Tuesday, May 6, 2014

You on point Tip? All the time Phife.

The #ileadescape was on point tonight! (as usual)

Tonight's guest was Tye Tribbett. While I'm personally on the fence about whether I like him as an artist or not (I'm leaning toward "kind of') he definitely had a good word for the frontliners. He came from II Kings 5:1. While I was not familiar with this story, I'm def putting it on my to-read list. What I know is that I could relate to what Tye was saying.

Often, people have no idea what what you deal with personally. Due to the type of person that I am (discreet) and due to the relationship I have with our congregation (peripheral) I try to keep my issues MY ISSUES. What I will say is that people come to me with all kinds of worries and problems. My prayer list stays long. On top of that, I have my own worries and problems. What Tye said is that, like Naaman, God knows what's going on with me, as do a few key people. However, it's the responsibility of a P&W leader to lead the people into P&W. Everybody doesn't need to see every layer of you. When people see all of the intricate layers, they have to pull those layers back to move into worship. (insert Wowwww face here) It's so true. Would people be able to go into worship if they knew everything I struggle with? Not to be mistaken for being fake, but people are funny acting and are not definitely not as accepting when they know certain things.

The last point that I know I need to apply came at the end of the call when they did a few Q&As. Tasha Cobb explained that preparation is 90% of the battle. And Tye explained to us how hard he works his choir members. I remember those days when I used to sing with a popular choir back right before their peak. We rehearsed weekly and we rehearsed hard. We knew those songs backward and forward, sideways and everything in between. We could sing in a box and we could sing with a fox. We could sing in the rain and we could sing it on a train... That's totally not how I've been operating. Note to self: rehearse harder and more frequently. Got it.

Ok y'all, that's it for the night. So glad I actually remembered to dial in. I put a reminder in my phone. (Something else Tasha spoke about tonight: use the tools and gadgets God has given us to help us add more balance into our lives.) Preach, preacher!


No comments:

Post a Comment