Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What I'm thankful for

It's a miracle: we had 2 rehearsals over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend! Everyone was on time. Everyone was on one accord.

We rehearsed 3 of our "archived" songs. 1 of which we'll sing for the first time this Sunday. (Total Praise by Richard Smallwood). I Won't Go Back by William McDowell will need one more rehearsal to make sure we've memorized verse 2. The third song (Hosannah by Kirk Franklin) needs about 2 more rehearsals and a small miracle.

One of the things I'm learning is that we need to just do what works for us. There are some places where 3 part harmony exactly like the original artists is too difficult for us. I'm learning to accept it and just keep going. No need to ditch the entire song because we couldn't get one or 2 lines just right.

Well boys and girls, I'm simply elated that we're on the right track. In the words of my mom when she was younger "Hallelujah pound the glory" (what she was singing instead of the real words hallelujah thine the glory). Or in the words of India Arie, there's hope!

Blessings

P.S. - Where is India Arie?

No comments:

Post a Comment