Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Good Friday reflection


Image result for things that make you go hmmm

Now that Good Friday has come and gone, I have to admit, I'm a little shocked that all of our rehearsals and our overall set went off without a hitch! There was a huge difference in the atmosphere of the service this year in comparison to last year. I'm glad our praise team had something to do with that.

I think my mom (the pastor of our church) was the most happy that things went very well. She was proud that we did a good job. She commented that I/we were anointed. However, after listening to the iLead Escape call last night, it got me thinking.

Pastor Sheryl Brady stated that "music cannot create a worshiping heart." She went on to say that music can make you think that you're worshiping, but it can be a foil. This really resonated with me because we sing to tracks every Sunday and I don't think anyone has ever really commented on our anointing before Friday night. The only difference I can note is that we had live music.

So are we anointed when we sing with live music, but not tracks? I didn't do anything differently Good Friday that I don't already do every Sunday.

Are we anointed some times and not others? Was it because we really rehearsed and everything was in order? Was it because I had prayed a bit more fervently that things would go well? Or does live music really sway people's perception of how P&W is going?

I don't know the answer to these questions. Sometimes it's hard to know because I wasn't in the audience so my perspective is quite different.

This is "What I Think I Know About Worship" is all about. Sometimes we think we know much when there's plenty left to be understood.

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment