Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Don't worry be happy

This past Sunday I woke up in excruciating pain and ended up at Urgent Care. I texted my praise team to let them know I would not be in church and low and behold I heard that they did a great job. So happy.

As the worship leader, I always get nervous when I'm not there because all but one of my praise team works periodically on Sundays. It's a bit of a crap shoot figuring out who will be there and who won't. Ahhh, the joys of living in the 21 Century. (It's still the 21st century, right?)

I think one of the milestones of a praise team is that they can carry on seamlessly when someone isn't in attendance. Obviously this encompasses a few changes. Someone must act as the leader if the leader is out and the team might have to adjust who is singing a certain part. (e.g., someone who is a soprano might need to sing alto) Someone might have to be in charge of song selection if this wasn't worked out before hand. But most of all, the team must work together to keep the praise experience pleasant and usher in God's presence. When the team can do this, you're making major headway!

No comments:

Post a Comment