Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wow, really?!

I gotta keep it 100: P&W was outta control this Sunday. So much so, I stopped P&W to tell my ignorant (and I mean that in the true sense of the word - i.e., not in a mean/evil way) audience that it's an insult to me and God for them to not stand when asked, talk, and walk during P&W like nothing is going on. I straight pulled a Pastor Morris! (My old pastor, God rest her soul, used to check fools real fast.)

But seriously, I can't believe people were as rude as they were. I guess I shouldn't be shocked. As I mentioned in my blog's subtitle, this is my experience as a P&W leader at a small, ghetto immature-congregation church.

One funny thing did happen. During the business meeting we had following Morning Worship, Pastor asked if anyone had any other topics they'd like to discuss. To which one of our younger members said "Yeah, the praise team needs a hype man!" #dead #rofl

All I can say is that God knows when we need to laugh.

I guess that's why the Tye Tribbetts and Kirk Franklins of gospel are so popular. Sometimes you need theatrics to get the point across I guess. (Sad, but true.) Lord help me, cause that's just not my forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment