Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Back in the day when things were cool (in my Erykah Badu voice)

Image result for those were the days
One of the most memorable theme songs ever!

Just for kicks, I thought I'd talk about how we used to do things "back in the day." Mind you I was a member of my church choir and a community choir. Most of these are things my praise team doesn't do any longer.
  • We used to have Bible study before choir rehearsal.
  • We used to be late and end up missing Bible study. (convenient, eh?)
  • We used to eat during rehearsal sometimes. (Chips, pop, candy. So sad.)
  • Before closing prayer, we'd each have to recite one verse from the Bible. You couldn't say "Jesus wept."
  • We used to always wear uniforms on Sundays. Black and white, all black, all white for first Sundays, and rainbow colored blouses if we were really feeling jazzy. lol
  • We used to host or sing at midnight musicals Memorial and Labor Day weekends. Those were the days!
  • We considered congregational songs praise and worship. (e.g., God is a Good God, Lord I'm Running Trying to Make 100, etc.)
Can you think of anything you used to do back in the "good old days?" Comment and let's reminisce together!

No comments:

Post a Comment