Monday, March 14, 2016

Come again


Image result for wrong

My aunt is notorious for changing the words of songs. In fact, she does this with such strong conviction that I thought the way we sung a particular song was the right until a quick Google search corrected me.

My aunt's version:
Lord I praise you right here and now
If I don't praise you the rocks will cry out
'Cuz you are the holy one
You're the one you're the only one
Hallelujah, Hallelu
Lord I give the praises to ya
Because you are the holy one
You're the one you're the only one

The real lyrics:
Lord the people praise you
Lift you up and raise you
Because you are the holy one
You're the one you're the only one
Halle, halle, hallelu
All the glory is due you
Because you are the holy one
You're the one you're the only one

Now do those 2 first lines sound anything alike? lol Anywho, it's a great call and response song.

I don't know who the original artist is, but this rendition sounds good and subsequently nothing like my aunt's version which is real churchy.

Blessings and love you Auntie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment