Monday, September 16, 2013

I know nothing (except that I named this blog appropriately)

Yesterday for P&W, we were down one praise leader, but I knew this would be the case in advance. When I know someone will be missing, I make sure I sing songs that the audience knows well. So I picked the easy, most popular songs and I'm thinking "Hey, we (the Praise team and audience) sound pretty good today, all things considered!"

After we sing the offering was collected, the announcements were read, remarks were had and then the pastor (my mom) gets ready to introduce the speaker and said we (the entire church) were dead. REALLY?! I thought we were pretty alive yesterday! I could actually hear people singing from all parts of audience. That's a rarity.

And this is why this blog is call "What I think I Know About Worship," because clearly I have no clue what's going on from the audience's perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment