Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Turning around

This Sunday, we had more people at church than we've had for weeks. And for once (ok maybe that's being dramatic), people actually listened to me when I instructed them to raise their hands or give God praise. In the words of the black church national anthem "I won't complain!"

I think I've expressed that our church is made up of quite the mix - people who've been in church all their lives and are mature Christians and people who don't seem to be quite as mature in their Christian journey. It can be difficult to get everyone on one accord. The latter half typically are bystanders during P&W and don't get involved much. Perhaps they might sing in a soft whisper, but they usually don't give God the fruit of their lips, or wave their hands, etc.

I believe that my job as the leader is to try to get the congregants to offer praise and adoration to God and to invoke the presence of God into the service. It's a tough job when you're outnumbered by those who aren't worshipers, but alas, onward and upward.


Sunday's Playlist
Welcome into this place
God is here
I give myself away
Emmanuel, we worship you

No comments:

Post a Comment