Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What I learned about P&W while attending a youth retreat

We had our district youth retreat this past weekend and it went exceptionally well, given the rain, tight living quarters, and the typical bad eggs who were sent home :)

Praise and Worship was also really good. Friday night, a girl that I sang with a couple of years ago did 1 song and really got the kids involved. (pic below) I can see that I need to be a little more creative with my style. Getting the audience involved is key. Saturday, the P&W team picked an upbeat song that also went over well. I was impressed.

The P&W experience at the youth retreat taught me that I need to add more songs to my arsenal and be more creative. In order to facilitate this, I think I'm going to listen to a P&W station on Pandora and flag all the songs that I like. I admit that I don't listen to a lot of new stuff. I stick the people I like and that's about it. Time to change.

Hit me up with your favorite songs or artists so that I can check them out as well. Would love to hear from you!

Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment