Tuesday, September 16, 2014

8 good things about having a small P&W team

Rather than use this entry to talk about the same ole experience (me + my dad = P&W team, yet again) I've decided to devote today's post to pointing out the good things about having a small team at a small church.

1. There's usually no discord with so few people.
2. It's easy to find uniforms.
3. It's easy to tell who doesn't know their part.
4. We don't have a big crowd where someone might be inclined to record a "fail" and post it on FB.
5. It's almost like singing at home, except with a microphone, in a slightly larger room, with slightly more people.
6. We don't have to hold auditions and reject people.
7. Nothing has to be fancy - no lighting or elaborate sound checks.
8. The team members let me know in advance if they will not be in attendance. (Man I do not miss singing in a choir where people just don't show and then you can't sing said song because said soloist decided to be a no-show and then you have to try to scramble for a new song list. But I digress...)

I  usually don't quote a lot of scriptures, but I believe it was Paul who talked about learning to be content regardless of the circumstances of a situation. (See, I still didn't quote the scripture!) Or like the songwriter said "whatever my lot thou has taught me to say it is well it is well with my soul." Or like the unofficial black church national anthem proclaims, "I won't complain."

So there you have it. I'm a glass half full type of gal. In all seriousness, I look forward to the day when our congregation is large, the church is fancy, and we have an 8-person P&W team and live band. I bet I'll think back to days like today and say "those were the days!" (In my Edith Bunker voice.)

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment