Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Waking up with Jesus


This Saturday I attended my "other church," New Life Covenant. No, I do not belong there, but I listen to their 2 pm broadcast most Sundays. They had a sunrise service on the lakefront that was absolutely beautiful.

While there was a lot of singing and an awesome dance team, my favorite thing is that they had people lined up at the entrance reading bible verses out loud as we made our way to the beach. There were also small groups of people singing along the way. It was a wonderful way to start the day.

When was the last time you stayed awake or woke up to see the sunrise? When was the last time you stood by the lake, ocean, in a field, anyplace in nature and thought "how great thou art!" Slowing down and taking in God's love for us is often not done because we lead busy lives and forget or simply fail to still ourselves. 

What I learned from attending the service is that worship isn't always singing or dancing. It's carving out time to think about the great God that we serve.

Blessings



No comments:

Post a Comment