Monday, September 1, 2014

The Prayer Project

While this is a P&W blog, I am of the mindset that prayer is of utmost important in a worship leader's or team member's life. It is part of what makes you a praise and worshiper - that you love spending time with God.

With that in mind, I found a prayer challenge that I'm very excited about while poking around on Instagram.

Check out Saunya Shelise and Prayer Project #5 - praying for a young person in your life. This is a beautiful concept and I wish I would've stumbled upon her at the beginning of the year. The short of it is that for the month of September, you will write a prayer a day for the child or teen God has placed on your heart and at the end of the month you present him/her with it as a gift. (You don't tell them that you're praying for them until the end of the project.) How beautiful is that?!

So I did day 1 (today) and the funny thing about it is that part of my prayer included prayers for myself and other mentors in the teen's life that we will be helpful, supportive, good listeners, empathetic, and will share in his defeats and triumphs.With the school year just starting, this is right on time!

Take a look at A Love Perfect's webpage and join the prayer bandwagon!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment