Friday, January 30, 2015

Nope, I'm not a pastor

When did everyone get all important? Like, for real? This is a legit question.

I was signing up for a P&W newsletter and it asked if I were a P&W Pastor (no), Lead Pastor (heggs no), Media Pastor (didn't know there was such a thing), or a Volunteer (kind of, but I'm a leader so not exactly a lay person volunteering). Can a sista get a none of the above?!

No disrespect to anyone, but this new thing where people are the pastor of this auxilliary or that is way over my head. I'm just the leader of the P&W team. I'm a servant.

I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air (shout out to Lorde) and carry a grandiose title. My position isn't paid. I could care less what I'm called, except that pastor implies that I have a flock. Nope. I just have a team. I'm not leading them spiritually. The real pastor is doing that. I'm just over the direction of the music. I know this is a ministry, but I don't think the title of pastor best fits what I'm doing. I want the lowliest title there is. P&W leader or lead team member. Point blank and the period! The rest of you can have it.

This is what I mean when I say we have a simple ministry. We don't get into all of this deep stuff. So if you like simple and are looking for a simple church where the focus is on your relationship with Jesus, hollar at us.

End Times Ministries Outreach Center
1470 W. 115th Street
Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment