Monday, June 16, 2014

Baby/momma drama

Note to self: babies don't belong on the Praise and Worship team.

My two year old, Zoe, decided to come right to the front of the church and sing on the praise team. This is what happens when you have such a small facility that there's no step up to enter the pulpit. Zoe simply walks past everyone and grabs a mic stand. At that point, I decide to just let her stay up there with me since I'm singing behind a large, wooden lectern. I figure no one will see her. Zoe then takes my and my dad's hand and decides to she wants to swing during P&W. We must've been singing some happy sounding songs. I eventually decide to pick her up, but that wasn't a great idea either. She then wanted my mic and begins to lean every which way to try to obtain it. Back to standing she goes. And by standing what I really mean is swaying, swinging and not being still. In spite of the toddler activities, P&W was still decent.

When you have a parent on the team, it's probably best that someone in the audience keeps watch of the little one. But you gotta watch it; babies these days are really cunning and can somehow find their way to the front despite your planning. Se la vie.

1 comment:

  1. ��. Zoe just loves to worship in her own way! Jesus loves the little ones. Their hearts are still pure. Carry on, Zoe! ��

    ReplyDelete