Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fasting

I didn't really write about last week's P&W experience at church due to my awesome nomination for "very inspiring blog" award so I'm going to catch up.

Two weeks ago, our church went on a one day fast from midnight until 5 pm. No food or drink. That week, I was sick and exhausted so my fast consisted of no food or drink until 1 pm and then only water and crackers until 5 pm. That was the best I could do. Last week we went on another one day fast. I was able to fully participate this time.

Last Sunday, P&W went really well. As a matter of fact, it seemed that the whole church service was lifted. Now I didn't hear the Word because I ran children's church, but I heard it was good. This week, even though we slightly messed up 2 of the 4 songs, P&W was still alright, in my opinion. There were also more people in church today. I think that fast did something!

This week we are doing a denial. I've decided to give up social media for the week. No Twitter (follow me at nicnac0), no Instagram (same name), no LinkedIn (Nicole Thomas, MPH), and I already don't use FB - because its the devil. lol (Not really, but kind of.) Thus, I'm posting today and will not post or use social media for the entire week until next Monday.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how many times I go to use it. Will it be more than I think? Since I have to present a workshop at our District's Youth Retreat, I am going to use that time to study and prepare.

Our pastor quoted us the scripture "This kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting." (Mark 17:21) I guess I'm not the only one fed up with the lack of attendance and participation. It seems as if there a sense of stagnancy that came over our church once summer started. But alas, in the words of #TashaCobb "There is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain!"

So, I guess I'll catch you guys next week. I am expecting greater things in our morning worship service beginning with praise and worship.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment