Monday, June 2, 2014

Tell 'em why you mad, son

Maybe the title of this post should be The Struggle, cause that's what it is right about now.

P&W at a small church comes with its own set of unique problems. Here's one that's really killing me: there's hardly no one attending church. I shouldn't be surprised by this because I'm almost positive the same thing happened last year, but dang! This is cray! It gets warm in Chicago and ninja don't know how to act or what to do!

This Sunday outside of my family (the "first" family), there were only about 3 others families at church. Attendance is at an all time low and it sucks. Perhaps it wouldn't be bad if everyone would lift their voices and sing, but that's not happening right now either.

In general, I'm slightly burned out. I like to think I'm focusing my time and energy on only 1 or 2 priorities, but this is difficult at a small church where one wears many hats. So when Tasha Cobb talked about spiritual burnout tonight on the iLeadescape, I knew I was meant to be on the call at that particular time. (It took me 20 times to get through.) While I would love to take a sabbatical, I wouldn't do that; it feels irresponsible when we've got such a small congregation and praise team. I have been thinking about attending another church's Bible class or weeknight service to get a different Word and replenish a bit. I'll keep you posted if I find anything worth while.

I know there's nothing too hard for God, so I'll keep my head up and keep on keeping on. I guess the challenges give me things to talk about with you guys. Trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

Holla back in the comments with anything you're struggling with. Maybe we all similar problems.

1 comment: