Tuesday, June 14, 2016

My mic sounds nice check 2


Image result for microphone

A few weeks ago I wrote about the lousy PA system we have. To reiterate how lousy it is, my dad jimmy rigged one of our mics with tissue so that the inner cord wouldn't make so much noise whenever somone moved the mic. (Yikes!)

In an effort to upgrade us, I did some research and ended up buying a Shure SM58. I was all excited because I just knew this would be the end of our technical problems. And then I found out that the amp we're using for vocals is actually a guitar amp. No wonder the sound isn't great! Now we have these nice mics and still sound like crap.

Clearly, this is why churches have technical staff who specialize in AV. Small churches like mine don't have this luxury. I have no idea what we need - other than Jesus. I have a friend who DJs, so now I'm gonna ask him for his advise cuz we gotta get our stuff together.

I decree that in 2017, I will not be posting about our mic system. In Jesus's name!

No comments:

Post a Comment