Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review of Jonathan Nelson's Fearless

Image result for jonathan nelson fearless
I don't purchase a lot of albums, but my brother told me to buy Jonathan Nelson's latest project. Here's my short and dirty review...

  1. Intro - I kinda hate intros. Just get to the music already.
  2. Fearless - I like the rap on this track, but the song is just OK to me.
  3. My Hope - Thumbs way up. Mid-tempo, not too many words. Good for praise teams.
  4. Name of the Lord - Thumbs up. A good mix of new school and old school.
  5. Name of the Lord Reprise - Thumbs way up. I kinda love reprises. That's because the artist knows the song is good so why not keep going.
  6. Anything Can Happen - Meh. I like it starting at about 1:37, but this is the longest song e-v-e-rrrrrrr.
  7. Baba Oh - Baba yesss! Thumbs way up.
  8. Rehoboth - Thumbs way up. This is a singers' song. There's a lot of intricacies. The musical styling is beyond pleasant. Great track.
  9. Forever Settled - This is your old school praise party song. Not my favorite, but a decent song.
  10. Brand New - Thumbs wayyyy up! Absolutely love this song. Like listen to it every morning song.
  11. I Believe (Island Medley) - Thumbs wayyyy up! You had me at Island Medley! This is a hit.
  12. Amazing Love - Thumbs up. This song makes a great solo. Shout out to Jade Nelson; she sounds really good!
  13. Everything You are (Jesus Chant) - Thumbs up. I will def be playing this in my personal worship time.
  14. I Give You Glory - Thumbs up. Nobody brings it like Tye Tribbett. You can "dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance all night" on this one!
  15. Victory Chant - Thumbs up. I wish they would've let this one play a little longer.

Overall, Fearless has something for everyone. New school, old school, Caribbean, chants, - you name it! The album is currently $7.99 on iTunes. (Finally, an album priced right!) Long story short, get Fearless!

So long, bye bye... (In my Island Medley voice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment