Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The simple is often the profound


Image result for leader

I recently took out a book from my public library called Take Your Soul to Work. When I gave it some thought, I realized that not only am I leader at my church, but also within my church district, and at work. (No wonder I get burned out rather easily at times!) I like devotions and I figure I could definitely use some soul-searching when it comes to my day job.

One of the first activities was to write a prayer about your leadership no longer than 3 sentences long. I have to say, after writing my brief prayer, I was amazed at how profound it was.

Lord,
Let me lead with others in mind - with clarity and inspiration. Give me insight on how to face and overcome challenges; do not let me be overwhelmed or exceedingly stressed. Teach me how to become a better leader.

Honestly folks, I don't think I've ever prayed anything this good ever. Not even in lengthier prayers. This is how I want to lead, not only at work, but in every area of my life. Taking a few minutes to think about it and pray about it can only help.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment